Monday, August 31, 2009

Embarking on my green living adventure

Well, today after class, I started to look more critically upon my life, and how certain actions could guide me in the path of a more eco-friendly life. At dinner, I ordered pasta with pesto, tomatoes, onions, and red peppers, trying to stay low on the food chain. (Counteracting my lunch which consisted of Chik-fil-A)! In Biology, I type my notes instead of write them down on notebook paper, and at the Trivette Market a few minutes ago, I found another bizarre way to classify myself as "green".

Buying an overpriced box of Nature Valley Granola Bars, I noted the small box-tops for educcation on the front of the box. The box itself is made from 100% recycled paperboard, and after eating all the bars, I will recycle the box, at our local dumpster--emptied every morning promptly at 6am-8am, by a loud, clattering, beeping, dump truck. With the box-top for education, I will send it home to a local elementary school thus promoting education; I will have recycled the box thus promoting recycling, so, one can make the assumption that I am promoting the education of recycling!! Ha! ;) Just a little late night tangent that I wanted to get down, goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment