Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

This past week I spent my energy towards green activities that I could do indoors. We are in a constant cloud up here in Boone, and things aren't looking like they'll be improving anytime soon! So, wandering to the Student Union, I sought out a nice cup of coffee to clear away the fog that seeped into my mind, but not just any old cup of coffee, Shade Grown Coffee. At Crossroads, they sell Shadegrown coffee that is sold in 100% compostable cups made from recycled paper and lined with a plastic made from corn. So, after enjoying that nice cup of Guatemalan coffee, I was able to relax into the rest of the day.

The next day, I meandered on up to the Beanstalk to poke my head around, noting the Regular's coffee mugs hanging up on the ceiling, and letting Parker fill my head with that wonderful jazz. Walking on down Kingstreet, I stumbled into the Bead Box and their Grateful Grounds coffee shop where they sell FairTrade coffee. (The Mocha Java is excellent!) So, after that, I brought my cup back to recycle it properly, and noted that we now have a glass recycle bin in our dorm...as long as someone takes it to Trivette to recycle it! I then took all my recyclables to the bin, anything to keep busy on the first of many rainy days!

1 comment: